Numismatique de l'antiquité
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Monnaies de l'antiquité Romaines Grecques Gauloises et autres

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Angestuart
Consul désigné
Consul désigné

1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Empty
MessageSujet: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeDim 25 Aoû - 18:12

https://imgur.com/a/parthenon-1-100-scale-model-nEo01em

Avec le texte de la personne qui a fait ce magnifique travail (Kaleun96) ci-dessous (posté sur le Forum Numismatique US):

For the last 6 months or so I've been working on designing a 3D model of the Parthenon from scratch and then 3D printing it at 1:100 scale. I finally can put this project to rest so wanted to share it with you all now that it's finished!

An album with more images and some descriptions can be found on imgur here.

I relied on 20 or 30 different academic articles and books, some dating back to the late 1800s. I tried to be as accurate as I could, using measurements to a tenth of a millimetre if available but some dimensions had to be approximated if they weren't available. I also ignored the asymmetry inherent in the Parthenon, such as the curved base, inconsistent spacing between columns, or the varying sizes of columns depending on whether they were placed on the corners or not.

There are also some features which aren't known to have existed for certain but are inferred based on available evidence. These include the windows of the Naos, the stairwell hidden inside the Eastern wall of the Naos, the Ionic columns of the Opisthodomos and so on.

In total the model took about 700-800 hours to print or nearly a full month of non-stop printing. It took about 7kg of white PLA filament and a few hundred grams of brown PLA filament for the "wood" and some gold silk PLA for the shields and Athena statue. I also used approximately 600 steel dowels pins to join the parts together so overall the model is fairly hefty and quite robust.

The roof tiles can be removed in two sections revealing the wooden structure underneath and that wooden structure plus the ceiling of the inner rooms can be removed to reveal the interior. Theoretically I could disassemble most of the model, very little is glued in place, but there's quite a lot of friction holding it all together so disassembly would be difficult.

I do have a follow-up project related to this, which is making an online 3D experience where you can explore the model in first person view as you walk around it. I'll share that one here too once it's finished.

numisfrance aime ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
BRUTUS
AVGVSTVS
AVGVSTVS
BRUTUS

MessageSujet: Re: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeDim 25 Aoû - 19:57

Bonjour,

Superbe , et quel travail.......!!! hein69  mdr6 super8
( C'est quand même plus classe que le pont de Tancarville en allumettes du "Diner de cons "..... Laughing Laughing)

Il a du en manger des kms de fil pour imprimante 3D .....!!! hein69

"Victrix causa Diis placuit sed victa Catoni "
Emblémiste
Légendaire Modérateur
Légendaire Modérateur
Emblémiste

MessageSujet: Re: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeDim 25 Aoû - 23:19

Très intéresante reconstruction ! super8 super8 super8  Merci du partage ! Je présume que les sculptures qui manquent dans le fronton sont celles du cortège des Panathénées. C'est dommage que tant d'aspects de la construction originelle doivent être reconstitués par supposition.

Dernière édition par Emblémiste le Lun 26 Aoû - 14:02, édité 1 fois
septimus
Proconsul
Proconsul
septimus

MessageSujet: Re: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeLun 26 Aoû - 13:47

Il manque surtout la peinture...

1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) 2q30oeb
http://septimus-coins.blogspot.com/
BRUTUS
AVGVSTVS
AVGVSTVS
BRUTUS

MessageSujet: Re: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeLun 26 Aoû - 14:33

Bonjour ,

Oui , c'était peint d'après les dernières études ...

Je ne sais pas si sur la matière d'impression 3D accepte facilement la peinture
...?

"Victrix causa Diis placuit sed victa Catoni "
Angestuart
Consul désigné
Consul désigné

MessageSujet: Re: 1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)   1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) Icon_minitimeLun 26 Aoû - 20:08

Oui, depuis quelques années, les archéologues ont pu reconstituer les couleurs du Parthénon notamment le rouge et bleu pour les moulages doriques. voir vidéo ici https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GGa4ZEvtA0

Rien que pour voir cela, j'aurai bien voulu vivre en 430-410 BC à Athènes mais plutôt comme prêtre car la durée de vie d'un soldat Athènien était courte entre les guerres du Péloponnèse et l'expédition contre Syracuse  1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) 1f605  1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm) 1f600

1:100 scale model of the Parthenon (72cm x 34cm)
Page 1 sur 1